"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Max Azria A/W 2011

When a designer can turn art into a wearable object, it shows how much talent he is blessed with. I know of only one other designer who can do that besides Max Azria, and that was the late Alexander McQueen. We weren't around on Friday to dedicate a post to him, but let me say that when I found out about his death my world shattered. The world lost a genius, an artist, and someone who changed the way people think about women's bodies. For him I am truly grateful, and to Azria I am also partial. No one besides Tom Ford can sculpt a suit like Azria can. It's just magical to see, and I'm glad he had a little help with this collection (he can use it--he has three clothing lines!).




Images courtesy of Nymag.com