"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Drags Have Infultrated the Building: NOAG 2011

I had the honor of working backstage for the Imperial Court of New York at Night of a Thousand Gowns this past weekend, and apart from the usual madness, this year was spectacular in every way. The proceeds from the event go toward helping AIDS victims, AIDS research, and benefit the gay youth.

There is nothing more a straight girl could possibly want than an evening with over 1000 drag queens, glitter, sparkle, fabulous costumes (for some, day wear), spectacular wigs, and a mind boggling amount of jewelry. I could die. It's the only thing I look forward to after Fashion Week, and the only event that I enjoy doing and have the satisfaction of knowing that I am not only helping the gay community, but also raising awareness for AIDS/HIV research, which is something I am very passionate about.

I have compiled some photos from the event. If there is anyway you want to get involved, please visit www.icny.org/