"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Jean Paul Gaultier Fall 2011

I find it interesting that Gaultier puts older "models" on the runway  (in this case actress Valerie Lemercier). I also find it interesting that at the end of this show he had the models throw an article or two of clothing or an accessory as they turned at the end of the catwalk. I have to be honest here, I love Jean Paul Gaultier, but lately I feel that he is a bit...outdated. Am I the only one? His clothes aren't as great as they used to be. Of course some of these pieces are great, but the patterns and the cohesiveness as a whole collection failed to impress.

This is probably the first or second show in which I've seen Lindsey Wixson walk. What's up with that? She's great, hire the girl! Also loved Andrej Pejic (The androgynous looking male model. So gorgeous).

On a side note, I would not wear a suit tailed by Gaultier. I just wouldn't. I don't think it would fit properly. It would be too baggy in one area and too tight in another. His blazers are another topic of convo. They are great, and some of his dresses aren't so bad either. The embroidered pants are to die, I would wear them in an instant! What's up with the grey hair? Is it a wig? Is it real? It looks really bad. I really think Gaultier is losing his touch, he needs to spice it up a little bit.



Images Courtesy of Vogue.com