"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Friday, June 3, 2011

Yves Saint Laurent Resort 2012

It seems to me that Stefano Pilati has timed his resort collection accordingly with Fleet Week in Manhattan judging by the nautical theme. I love the shoes and the color choices, but some of the cuts didn't do it for me. Some of the pieces in this collection may be his best work, while others lacked the personality and depth that YSL is known for. I really enjoy Pilati's work, and a lot of the pieces, including the white Shakespearean top with the black trim, are reminiscent of YSL's original works. I really did not like the black button down with cinched sleeves, it's a bit too juvenile for me. Those wide legged pants with the gold button detailing were to die for, however! Absolutely love that trend, but I think the stylist could have paired them with a much higher platform. 

My favorite piece of the entire collection is the red coat. The cut, the color, and the styling--absurd! I love those platforms on the yellow nautical rope dress--I believe those are the no incline orthopedic looking shoes that are all the rage this season, no? He somehow manages to make them look appealing. I would wear them, and I'm not a big fan of that trend! I'm going to be honest--the models weren't that lovely at all! Neither were Pilati's red sneakers, but I'll let it pass.