"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Monday, October 3, 2011

Balenciaga Spring/Summer 2012

For a designer to continue to produce clothing every season with a taste of a similarity to the previous season, it screams charm and talent. There is a fine line between similar and related articles of clothing, as taken note from the Haider Ackermann collection that was extremely similar to last seasons as to straddle the border between sibling and friend. No doubt Ackermann is extremely talented and probably means to just be building his image instead of running out of ideas. I do, however, believe it is exceptionally hard to produce collections that are a hair's length apart from each other with as least amount of resemblance as possible, but still enough to maintain one's image. 

Nicolas Ghesquiere continues to inspire and surprise me every season, and I absolutely love that next season's clothes are more wearable and innovative than many of his past collections. Boxy bags started to make a comeback this season, and I can see that the trend is taking over next's as well. I'm glad, because I haven't had time to buy mine yet, and I have a feeling I'll want to carry it past the season. Again we see the bigger fitting jackets, the imbalance between heavy on top and light on the bottom. It's done in a different way, something I've never seen before.The shoes aren't as great as his past collections, but I adore the heel!

That's weird that he made the audience stand up.The hats near the end are lunatic! I love them!


Images Courtesy of Vogue.com