"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Friday, September 24, 2010

Part 3: Milan Fashion Week

Gianfranco Ferré

Next to Giambattista Valli and Alberta Ferretti, Ferré is one of the beast dressmakers in the industry. The woven fabric is so delicately sewn, and the stilettos are great with different colored ankle straps. The shiny dresses near the end are to die for! Fabu, totally. Love how they can pull off simplicity and make it look luxurious. Well done.


Moschino

Absolutely positively in LOVE with Moschino right now! I've never paid too much attention to the brand, and I'm sure not many others have either, but this might be the breakthrough collection! Very intricately tailored menswear with the stripes and the colors are right on dot with next season. The strappy shoe, the old school purse, beautiful jewelry...without a doubt my style. It's "Betsey Johnson meets Mickey Mouse and decides to mate and out comes a pirate who happens to be obsessed with Andre Benjamin." Can we talk about the colors please? So fresh, bold, and tasteful. This collection is making me go nuts! It's my favorite so far. Definitely, ignore what I've proclaimed as such before this post. Click on the picture to see the whole collection. Go ahead, I want you to.


Krizia

What gives me joy and excitement most of the time is discovering new labels and obsessing over them for some time. Sometimes I discover an older label that I've never paid any attention to, and sometimes it's something I've never heard of. As of five minutes ago it is Krizia. I have no idea who the designers are (I promise to find out soon), but they definitely need more attention than they are getting. I've never heard of them...ever...this is my first encounter. I'm glad I took the initiative to click on their name because I normally don't pay much attention to brands that sound corny because....let's be real, most of them are. If there is anything more that I love than silk chiffon, it's layering and peekaboo. Especially sparkly or bold peekaboo against a monotone backdrop with a bold sexy cut near the collarbone. They pulled that off, effortlessly, with Grecian inspired accessories to match. I barely noticed that they used glitter because it is so subtle and well placed.