"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Part 5: Milan Fashion Week

Marni

Although I love the textiles and the materials used, I'm not feeling the looks for springtime or (especially) summertime. I wouldn't wear a lot of the clothes, and especially not those barbarian shoes. The purses are gorgeous, studded, and go along very well with the outfits. The patterns on the clothes are so weird, they are different but not my type. I love Marni's accessories and bags on Net-a-porter, but that's it. This is just too weird for me.


Roberto Cavalli

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Cavalli is the ONLY PERSON in the universe of fringe who can pull off the southwestern influences Ralph Lauren so failed to achieve. There's something so original and well done about his clothes that speak to me. I loved this collection because it is not random; it's Cavalli and Cavalli well done. I would wear the clothes, believe it or not. And of course we can't forget to mention the curvier model who closed the show! Love! Well done, very well done. One of my favorites of the season.


Salvatore Ferragamo


Maybe he should stick to designing menswear and only menswear from now on. The cuts are too husky and masculine for a menswear inspired womenswear line. Let's be real...no one with any respect for her body would wear this. Maybe the shoes...