"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Valentino S/S 2011

Valentino


When Valentino retired in 2007, I never thought I'd be able to look at a Valentino dress the same way ever again. The direction of the company has COMPLETELY changed. Like, absurdly. The cuts and patterns and designs are very...Mui Mui four seasons ago plus all the other brands at that level who just copy each other. Sorry, that's just my opinion. No offense to Miuccia Prada. But hey, your diffusion line is so much more recognizable and original than your RTW line! One down, one more to go.

What I mean to say is that Valentino is now less Haute Couture and more....everyday wearable. I'd rather have the former. It's just not the same...I want old Valentino back!
Theoretically speaking, I love these looks for everyday wear. I would wear them, I just wouldn't say they were Valentino. I would be too ashamed to say I was wearing a Valentino that wasn't really a Valentino. You know what I mean? You know where I'm going with this? I know things won't change unless they hire a new creative director. You guys aren't bad, you're just not what the label needs!

Anyways, let's talk about the designs. Love the bags and the clutch that's so unconventional, and I absolutely love the lace with the silk organza. Notice how I didn't say silk organza with the lace. Let me put it this way: the lace makes the organza look better, not vice versa. I love the outlined organza (or is that tulle? See below).


I have to say that out of every collection I've seen thus far, Valentino's makeup is the best. It's perfected to a T, done impeccably. It gives me a sense of relaxation looking at it. You know how hard it is to do Asian makeup? Really hard. I love it because it's a challenge because not everything looks great on Asian features. But when perfected, it looks just like what Valentino did backstage, astonishing!