"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Alexander McQueen Fall 2011

My favorite show, my favorite brand, my favorite deceased designer (may he rest in peace), my favorite new designer, and always my favorite show of the season. This is going to be a long blog post because I will post every single look from the collection (as opposed to the ones that stand out, because every piece stands out to me). 

The zipper touches were really well put together, and in all the right places. I love the necklines and the collar accessories. Unfortunately, this season they used a lot of fur. Being a vegetarian, I condemn that, but nevertheless that was the only negative thing about the collection. The hair was phenomenal, as it always is at the shows. The fit of the jackets was extraordinary, the leather pants, the pants paired with longer hemlines, and the shoes. Oh, the shoes. Oh OH the shoes. Pause for a minute.

The wedges with the spike in the back are the most amazing thing I have seen all season. Finally! The lace up dominatrix style patent leather boots were really sexy, and the whole dominatrix theme carried on throughout the show with bold chest and shoulder accessories (I don't know what that cage thing is called.) with a very black palette. The sheer blouse with the slit in the sleeves goes to show how the house always manages to take a trend and make it their own. 

My favorite neck accessory is the hairy neck piece. Some of the dresses near the end reiterated the ones from last season and past seasons. I also feel that Sarah Burton uses a lot of the same patterns from past seasons. That makes me think she's run out of ideas, which makes me want McQueen back more than ever. The world was waiting for some revolutionary pieces from him over the next few decades. Now we can only guess what he would have designed, which is nearly impossible because no one saw the world like McQueen. These designs are absolutely stunning, but I am constantly thinking about and wondering what McQueen would have created next.  



Images Courtesy of Vogue.com