"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Givenchy Fall 2011

Riccardo did silk organza justice. Very well executed, I loved the cropped tops, the patterns, the sheer skirts (a very very big trend for next fall), the beautiful fabrics, beautiful models, and perfect hair and makeup. With the fashion industry looking to Riccardo Tisci as a possible replacement for Galliano, this collection had an anchor on its shoulders in light of the rumors and consistent press jibberings. I don't even know if that's a word. In any case, this could be a very big step for Tisci, who I think is a hop, skip, and pivot away from being the new Dior master. Although, my hopes are on Phoebe Philo. She might be better for Hermes, but who knows. She can have two lines, everyone does it.  

Back to the show. Givenchy...I think McQueen, I think patterns, colors, and cut. That is all you really need for a fabulous collection, and that is what Riccardo showed in Paris this past weekend. My hatred of all things organza has been challenged, and I think I may be partial to silk organza in terms of fabric choices for next season. 


Images Courtesy of Vogue.com