"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Statement

I have to say that I was shocked when I first heard of Galliano's antisemitic rants. I was upset and confused, and since this is probably the biggest scandal to hit the fashion industry since McQueen's death, I wasn't prepared. No one was, and now one of the biggest fashion houses has lost one of the most artistic, creative, and tortured souls in the industry. He is truly a creative genius, but in no way should that distract from the fact that he is an anti-Semite, and Dior was right to release him of his duties as creative director.

Who will take his roll, and who will walk the show after the models are presented is still up in the air. I am excited yet saddened to see his last Dior collection this Friday. I am not even sure the house will show his collection, or if he will show his John Galliano collection on Sunday. All we can do is wait and see what happens, but this is truly tragic.

Will he release an apology statement? With that video of him ranting "I love Hitler," I don't know if anyone will ever respect him again. I hope this was a sick joke, but no one should ever joke about such atrocities. 

The video can be seen here.