"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Valentino Fall 2011

Last season I said Valentino has become the brand that was once envied, but is now questioned. I haven't changed my mind, unfortunately, and I feel the label is only declining in terms of image. When I was younger, I envied Valentino. I always pictured a fire red color dress in my head when I thought of the label. A very fierce, stubborn red. Now it has become too innocent. It doesn't make much sense to me.

I like the green coat, but the green studded clutch that comes with it is kind of tacky. The long dresses near the end are very nice. I like the short dresses as well, but I'm sick of their soft pink color palette! Time to switch things up, people! And by switch we mean fire and rehire a new design team. I will keep complaining until they do, this shouldn't last this long! 

 The only good thing is that the brand is very marketable and the clothing will sell. It may not be what I personally like, but others do, and that means buyers will be all over this collection.



Images Courtesy of Vogue.com