"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bottega Veneta Resort 2012

I sometimes think resort collections don't matter in the scheme of things, but in reality every collection counts. I'm particularly confused as to why Veneta and Chanel did not use any black models. I normally would not be  outraged as I think it's to the designer's discretion who walks, but it's just something to think about. None the less this show was boring with or without black models. Why did Veneta chose to color block for next year's resort--that trend is this season. I love the big belt and the dresses near the end, but a lot of the pieces were boring and uninspiring, correlative with their empty catwalk and monotone models.    


Images: Vogue