"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Oscar de la Renta Resort 2012

I love the shoes and the hats, however I'm not too keen on the cut of the dresses in the beginning. I do like the patterns of the dresses, however; it's very abstract, very Oscar. I like to see what designers will do for their resort collections because it usually is nothing like their RTW. In this case, especially, that's true. It's different for them but they manage to keep the pieces very Oscar. There were a few hats near the end that resembled pirate hats, and that is a little too much for me. Some of the pieces are also reminiscent of  the Amish, the way they are styled especially. 

Finally we have some black models! Speaking of models, I spotted Anastasia Khodkina, who I styled a few months ago, among the diverse line of models. I love her look, she's fantastic, and the makeup team really did her eyebrows justice. That big blue dress she walks out in near the end...to die for! Also, why did Swanepoel walk? I only thought she did VS! She looks fabulous, but I don't think she's a catwalk model because she doesn't have the catwalk look. You have to be sort of different to be a fashion model, maybe she should stick to bikinis. 



Images: Vogue