"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Diane von Furstenburg Resort 2012

If there's one thing I love about DvF it's their colors. They know what to put with what, and the colors are always the right hue and saturation. This collection was a little modern for her style, and the kooky glasses were unexpected, to say the least! I love it though, it's a wonderful touch to a fun theme. Diane is known for her patterns, and she certainly did not disappoint in this collection. They are bigger and bolder than her usual, which I like for my body type (the smaller body that you have, the smaller the pattern you should wear). 

I had to ask myself a few times if this was really a DvF collection--it doesn't look like it at all! The shape and fit of the clothes..the fit is more Donna Karan than anything, and the colors are Phillip Lim or Balenciaga! I love the models though, I think they are the perfect fit for the story. I love the accessories as well, especially the metal detail on the shoes. I love metal hardware on anything! Let's forecast some trends right now: big bold neon colors, big bold prints, and statements! Let's finally make some statements this season, people! Cut it out with the boring shit! Now for Balenciaga...


Images Courtesy of Vogue.com