"From heaven to hell and back again, life is a funny thing. beauty can come from the most strangest of places even the most disgusting places." RIP Lee Alexander McQueen. This blog is dedicated to you, your art, your beauty, and your influence. Long live McQueen!

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Christian Dior Spring/Summer 2012

What a comeback since the couture show! Holy shit! Bill finally got his act together, maybe tapped his friend and predecessor Galliano for some advice. He knows what he's doing now, and I trust him. To be honest, Marc Jacobs would not be a good replacement for Galliano because he's missing something vital that Dior needs in order to survive: Parisian influence. Marc has a very American, modern style, and Dior has its roots planted in France. I would hate to see the change, to be honest. 

The end was better than the beginning, as usual, and I appreciate the sheerness of the dresses. Overall a very lovely collection. I would have liked to see more edge, but I can't have my cake and eat it too.



Images Courtesy of Vogue.com